Monday, January 5, 2009










As everyone knows I have two dachshund, Celie and Koko. Well today my nice little doggies thought they were going to have some dove for a little snack. They wanted to go outside even though it's cooler than heck but I went ahead and let them out leaving the patio door open but the screen shut. All of a sudden I heard those two scrabbling after something and I look out and Koko has a dove in her mouth. I yelled at her to put it down and to get away. Now my dogs know I am boss so they hurried as fast as they could into the house. The dove must of been hurt already before Koko got to it cause it didn't try to fly away from me when I went to pick it up. I didn't know what to do for the little thing except take it to the other side of the fence so my little meat eaters couldn't get to it.




After a while i went and checked on it and sorry to say but the little dove was dying. Now I am really sad cause I couldn't help this small creature and it has gone to birdie heaven. Did someone shoot the dove or did it have a disease cause why else would it be on the ground and not fly away. I washed my hands just in case it was sick.




And to top it all off I am mad at those dogs of my cause they are house dogs and they will eat anything they get their mouths on...grubs, birds, lizards and so on. Those two dogs have been trying for a few years to catch mr. squirrel but thank God that little rascal can scurry up that oak tree real fast.

2 comments:

lmt1073 said...

Maybe the dove was someone's pet and his wings had been clipped or something. Poor birdie! My dog, Charlie the ugly dog, likes to catch mice. He had a toy one and then when they mowed the field the real ones started coming in and he went haywire... it's somewhat comical though watching him.

KCLC said...

I am more than sure that bird is thinking : " Why is that woman taking picture of me while I lay here dying?"